We are constantly creating and improving our build plans, so check back frequently for new additions and updates!
Resources used here have been sourced and/or adapted from Kaboom! and other do-it-yourself websites. Painting ideas are from our supporter, Benjamin Moore. These are direct links to the websites.
Remember, some of these projects can be complex. See if any Platoon members are skilled in landscaping, painting, or woodwork and ask them to help out. Some of these projects may also require a lot of prep and may not be done in one visit.
Use the TMC Lookbook to explore completed projects! Check it out here!
There are variety of seating options you can make for your project. Some are built from scratch and others can be assembled from a kit.
- Bench (flat, no back) - $50
- Bench (with back) - $85
- Butcher Block Bench
- Cubby Bench - $85
- Day Bed Bench - $100
- Double Arbor Bench - $285
- Farmhouse Bench - $50
- Children's Mendocino Bench
- Planter Bench - $275
- Rainbow Bench - $100 | Children's Rainbow Bench - $75
- Tree Bench - $200 | Tree Bench (with back) - $250
- X Bench - $50
- Bench kit (Amazon; requires purchase of 2x4s) - $35
- Farmhouse Table - $100
- Outdoor Coffee Table - $60
- Picnic Table - $100 | Children's Picnic Table - $75
- Picnic Table (half) | Children's Picnic Table (half)
- Picnic Table (ADA) - $100
- Picnic Table kit (Lowe's) - $100
- Coming Soon: Produce Table
- Work Table (multiple sizes) - $120 | Children's Work Table
Community Gardens / Community gardens are a great and easy project for a Platoon.
Note: estimates do not include the price of soil
- Garden Bed
- Mobile Planter Bed (multiple styles) - $100-$135
- Raised Garden Bed (4' x 8'; multiple styles)
- Raised Garden Bed with Bench
- Raised Garden Bed with Ledge
- Square Planter Box - $150
- Soil Viewer
The following links will help you in your painting projects.
- Calculate Paint Amount
- How To Paint a Room (Video)
- Geometric Murals (examples)
- Painting Asphalt (Playgrounds)
- Painting a Basketball Court
- Previous TMC murals (examples)
Let's make it nice outside! Check out some of the simple structures you can build.